the final product?
A meal made with lots of love!
with help from recipes from Jamie Oliver
Of course I did my part for Valentines, by making mushy heart shaped strawberry flavored buttermilk pancakes with whipped cream and maple syrup for breakfast which I will spare all your eyes :D
And a recipe I stole from Channel News Asia for dessert to complement hubby's dinner...
Lime ice with pineapple
a slice of pineapple
mint leaves (I didn't use fresh ones, bought the bottled one)
1) Squeeze the 20 limes and sieve out the seeds
2) Add the same amount of water and sugar syrup (to taste) to the squeezed lime
3) freeze the mix and occassionally take it from the freezer and use a fork to scratch the ice **
4) use a cookie cutter to cut the pineapple to your favourite shape
5) coat the pineapple with sugar and mint leaves!** to note: Do not wait for the mix to be totally frozen to scratch it as you may not get the desired texture you want. The texture should be like ice-kachang's crushed ice :)
Labels: Recipe - Desserts