Monday, February 23, 2009

Jump Start Bento

I haven't been cooking.

I have been lazy.

Recently, I was inspired to cook for hubby.

Then again, I was still lazy.

So the thought was left in cold storage.

Sis asked me just a week ago if I was interested in Bento making and I thought that it would be a really good jump start to the new year! Since I was too lazy to cook proper meals, maybe I should start with simpler stuff. Bento making seemed so easy!

This week, we start. I take mondays.

And finally, after a week of menu thinking and a day of grocery shopping and of course a day of thinking of what to clear from my fridge, I present to you, my bento :)



I like the colors, and I found my best pal - Broccolli :)

I don't totally agree when people tell me that Bentos are great to put whatever that's leftover. In a conscientious effort to have a balanced color meal, I think I have wasted as much as I have cooked :D

And hubby knows me best when he casually walked into the kitchen whilst I was preparing the bento and asked me "so... how much food are you going to waste this time round?"

Ok ok...
note to self - Next time I will get my portions right and not waste anything. If I do, may I turn to a pink pig with an empty stomach :) *oink*

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger bammie said...

ohhh i love your bento,.....did u get all those niffy small stuff and the box from daiso???

12:13 AM  
Blogger the cook without an oven said...

Yes!! Daiso! lots of stuff to play around with. You could try doing bento too! Let me know if you need any stuff :)

12:00 PM  
Blogger Rene said...

Your bento looks great! There are people who pack leftovers into their bentos and there are people who cook to pack into their bentos. Just think of yourself as the latter! =)You will get a hang of the portion control the more you practice.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home