Last weekend, I made sure I got everything jotted down and headed to the supermarket.
And finally, I managed to bake my MC3 during the closing ceremony of the Beijing Olympics!
Just in case you were wondering... MC3 = Macadamia Chocolate Chip Cookies :D
1) 1/2 cup caster sugar
2) 1/2 cup brown sugar
3) 1 1/2 cup flour
4) 250g butter
5) 1 egg, beaten
6) 1 tsp vanilla essence
7) 1 cup chocolate chips
8) 1/2 cup macadamia nuts (roughly chopped)
1) In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter
2) Mix the caster sugar and brown sugar into the cream mixture
3) In a small bowl, beat the egg and add in the vanilla essence
4) Add the egg and vanilla essence into butter and sugar mixture
5) Stir all together and mix well
6) Slowly stir in the flour, making sure to blend and cream it thoroughly
7) Fold in the chocolate chips and macadamia nuts
8) Drop the dough into a baking tray and place it in a preheated oven at 190 degrees until lightly browned
**Note: If you crave for Subway-like cookie, bake it for about 8 minutes. If you want a crispier cookie, bake it for about 10-15 minutes.
The verdict? Everyone liked it!!!!
As I made both the softer version as well as the crispier version, I could please everyone! Some liked it soft and some liked it crispy!
P/s: Just curious... How do ppl make cookies in the form of cute and nice shapes? My mixture melted when it was in the oven and the cookie came out in one big piece! I had to snap and break them apart! But nonetheless it was great!!
Labels: Miscellaneous Recipes